- SPIL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.4 million.
- SPIL has traded 354,254 shares today.
- SPIL is trading at 2.62 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SPIL is trading at a new low 8.08% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPIL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPIL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SPIL: Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. provides semiconductor packaging and testing services to semiconductor suppliers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.8%. SPIL has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Siliconware Precision Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Siliconware Precision Industries has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Siliconware Precision has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 16.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Siliconware Precision Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 5.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $114.31 million to $120.07 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.40, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.21, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 42.45% is the gross profit margin for SILICONWARE PRECISION INDS which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 17.26% trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SILICONWARE PRECISION INDS has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Siliconware Precision Industries Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.