- MPEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $67.2 million.
- MPEL has traded 59,052 shares today.
- MPEL is up 3.9% today.
- MPEL was down 6.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MPEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MPEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MPEL: Melco Crown Entertainment Limited, through its subsidiaries, develops, owns, and operates casino gaming and entertainment resort facilities in Asia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. MPEL has a PE ratio of 17. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Melco Crown Entertainment a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Melco Crown Entertainment has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Melco Crown Entertainment has a market cap of $11.2 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 25.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Melco Crown Entertainment as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.99, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.64, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- MPEL, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 4.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 23.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, MELCO CROWN ENTMT LTD's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- MELCO CROWN ENTMT LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MELCO CROWN ENTMT LTD reported lower earnings of $1.10 versus $1.15 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 50.9% in earnings ($0.54 versus $1.10).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 83.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $143.64 million to $24.25 million.
- You can view the full Melco Crown Entertainment Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.