- JOE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.5 million.
- JOE has traded 217,260 shares today.
- JOE is trading at 6.03 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- JOE is trading at a new high 3.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JOE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JOE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JOE: The St. Joe Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a real estate development company in Florida. The company operates in four segments: Residential Real Estate; Commercial Real Estate; Resorts, Leisure and Leasing Operations; and Forestry. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates St. Joe a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for St. Joe has been 629,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. St. Joe has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 20.8% with 17.70 days to cover. Shares are down 8.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates St. Joe as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JOE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 420.57% to $36.97 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ST JOE CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.08%.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 44.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Management & Development industry and the overall market, ST JOE CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ST JOE CO is rather low; currently it is at 21.00%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -0.58% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full St. Joe Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.