- ARIA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.1 million.
- ARIA has traded 989,753 shares today.
- ARIA is up 3% today.
- ARIA was down 7.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARIA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARIA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ARIA: ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., an oncology company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of medicines for cancer patients. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate ARIAD Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for ARIAD Pharmaceuticals has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ARIAD has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.58 and a short float of 25.8% with 15.71 days to cover. Shares are down 3.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ARIAD Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 10.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$56.92 million to -$63.16 million.
- ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC's earnings per share declined by 10.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.87 versus -$1.49 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 35.0% in earnings (-$1.18 versus -$0.87).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ARIA's share price has jumped by 28.24%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in ARIA do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$28.42 million or 34.93% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 14.15%.
- ARIA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 141.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- You can view the full ARIAD Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.