- DV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.7 million.
- DV has traded 637,402 shares today.
- DV is up 3% today.
- DV was down 5.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DV: DeVry Education Group Inc. provides educational services worldwide. It operates in three segments: Medical and Healthcare; International and Professional Educational; and Business, Technology and Management. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. DV has a PE ratio of 12. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates DeVry Education Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for DeVry Education Group has been 746,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. DeVry Education Group has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 15.6% with 8.16 days to cover. Shares are down 46.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DeVry Education Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DV has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, DV has a quick ratio of 1.57, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$6.26 million or 366.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market, DEVRY EDUCATION GROUP INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full DeVry Education Group Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.