- TSU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.8 million.
- TSU has traded 423,731 shares today.
- TSU is down 3.1% today.
- TSU was up 5.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSU: TIM Participacoes S.A., through its subsidiaries, provides mobile telecommunication services in Brazil. The company offers mobile, fixed, and long distance telephony; data transmission; and broadband services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. TSU has a PE ratio of 8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Tim Participacoes a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tim Participacoes has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tim Participacoes has a market cap of $6.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 40.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tim Participacoes as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.13, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TIM PARTICIPACOES SA has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 49.00%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 41.17% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- TIM PARTICIPACOES SA's earnings per share declined by 41.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TIM PARTICIPACOES SA reported lower earnings of $1.21 versus $1.32 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 28.9% in earnings ($0.86 versus $1.21).
- You can view the full Tim Participacoes Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.