- ESGR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 125.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ESGR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 51.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $29.59 million to $44.85 million.
- 35.50% is the gross profit margin for ENSTAR GROUP LTD which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ESGR's net profit margin of 15.60% compares favorably to the industry average.
The Insurance industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.2%. Laggards within the Insurance industry included National Security Group ( NSEC), down 1.5%, Unico American ( UNAM), down 4.9%, 1347 Property Insurance Holdings ( PIH), down 3.9%, Independence ( IHC), down 2.3% and Investors Title ( ITIC), down 2.9%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: Enstar Group ( ESGR) is one of the companies that pushed the Insurance industry lower today. Enstar Group was down $5.24 (3.2%) to $156.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 148,640 shares of Enstar Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 32,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $155.00-$161.30 after having opened the day at $157.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $161.84. Enstar Group Limited acquires and manages insurance and reinsurance companies in run-off and portfolios of insurance and reinsurance business in run-off. It operates in four segments: Non-Life Run-Off, Atrium, Torus, and Life and Annuities. Enstar Group has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the financial sector. Shares are up 5.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Enstar Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreet Ratings rates Enstar Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on ESGR go as follows: