- OC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.4 million.
- OC has traded 14,970 shares today.
- OC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OC: Owens Corning, together with its subsidiaries, produces and sells glass fiber reinforcements and other materials for composite systems; and residential and commercial building materials worldwide. It operates in three segments: Composites, Insulation, and Roofing. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. OC has a PE ratio of 28. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Owens-Corning a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Owens-Corning has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Owens-Corning has a market cap of $5.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 3.1% with 2.75 days to cover. Shares are up 29.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Owens-Corning as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- OC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 327.77% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.65% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, OC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- OWENS CORNING reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, OWENS CORNING increased its bottom line by earning $1.91 versus $1.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.21 versus $1.91).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Building Products industry. The net income increased by 333.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $21.00 million to $91.00 million.
- You can view the full Owens-Corning Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.