- RCAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.1 million.
- RCAP has traded 225,066 shares today.
- RCAP is trading at 3.38 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- RCAP is trading at a new low 3.07% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RCAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RCAP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RCAP: RCS Capital Corporation engages in the independent retail advice, wholesale distribution, investment banking, capital markets, investment management, and investment research businesses. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates RCS Capital a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for RCS Capital has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. RCS has a market cap of $196.8 million and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.14 and a short float of 31.3% with 5.26 days to cover. Shares are down 76.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates RCS Capital as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 235.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $48.22 million to -$65.15 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, RCS CAPITAL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for RCS CAPITAL CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.12%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -9.60% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- RCAP's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 88.31%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- RCS CAPITAL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RCS CAPITAL CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$5.37 versus $0.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.15 versus -$5.37).
- You can view the full RCS Capital Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.