- OCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $214.4 million.
- OCR has traded 6,466 shares today.
- OCR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OCR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OCR: Omnicare, Inc. operates as a healthcare services company that specializes in the management of pharmaceutical care in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. OCR has a PE ratio of 6. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Omnicare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Omnicare has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Omnicare has a market cap of $9.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.47 and a short float of 10.1% with 4.45 days to cover. Shares are up 34.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Omnicare as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- OCR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 54.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $21.97 million to $33.97 million.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, OCR's share price has jumped by 54.94%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The gross profit margin for OMNICARE INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.74%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.95% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $94.09 million or 57.01% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Omnicare Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.