- QLTY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $6.3 million.
- QLTY has traded 110.179000000000002046363078989088535308837890625 options contracts today.
- QLTY is making at least a new 3-day high.
- QLTY has a PE ratio of 41.
- QLTY is mentioned 0.84 times per day on StockTwits.
- QLTY has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- QLTY is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- QLTY is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- QLTY is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- QLTY is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QLTY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QLTY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on QLTY: Quality Distribution, Inc., through with its subsidiaries, transports bulk chemicals in North America. It operates through three segments: Chemical Logistics, Intermodal, and Energy Logistics. QLTY has a PE ratio of 41. Currently there are no analysts that rate Quality Distribution a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Quality Distribution has been 364,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Quality Distribution has a market cap of $448.2 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 3.09 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.05 days to cover. Shares are up 49.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Quality Distribution as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 1635.86% to $24.44 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, QUALITY DISTRIBUTION INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.67%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for QUALITY DISTRIBUTION INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.29%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.09% significantly trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Road & Rail industry average. The net income has decreased by 17.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $3.07 million to $2.52 million.
- You can view the full Quality Distribution Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.