- UPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.0 million.
- UPL has traded 61,737 shares today.
- UPL is down 4.5% today.
- UPL was up 5.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UPL: Ultra Petroleum Corp., an independent oil and gas company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, production, and operation of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. UPL has a PE ratio of 3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Ultra Petroleum a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ultra Petroleum has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ultra has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.92 and a short float of 26.1% with 8.58 days to cover. Shares are down 44.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ultra Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, ULTRA PETROLEUM CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 34.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ULTRA PETROLEUM CORP is rather high; currently it is at 64.05%. Regardless of UPL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, UPL's net profit margin of -9.46% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 16.00 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.32, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $121.53 million or 28.96% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, ULTRA PETROLEUM CORP has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full Ultra Petroleum Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.