- PAAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.5 million.
- PAAS has traded 55,577 shares today.
- PAAS is down 3.4% today.
- PAAS was up 6.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PAAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PAAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PAAS: Pan American Silver Corp., together with its subsidiaries, operates and develops, and explores for silver producing properties and assets in Mexico, Peru, Argentina, and Bolivia. The company also produces and sells gold, zinc, lead, and copper. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. Currently there are no analysts that rate Pan American Silver a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pan American Silver has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Pan American has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 25.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pan American Silver as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 383.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $6.84 million to -$19.37 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for PAN AMERICAN SILVER CORP is rather low; currently it is at 24.22%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -10.87% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $11.95 million or 66.93% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 58.74%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 360.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full Pan American Silver Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.