- HL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.8 million.
- HL has traded 413,761 shares today.
- HL is down 5.1% today.
- HL was up 8.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HL: Hecla Mining Company, together with its subsidiaries, discovers, acquires, develops, produces, and markets precious and base metal deposits worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. HL has a PE ratio of 104. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Hecla Mining a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hecla Mining has been 5.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hecla has a market cap of $781.8 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.66 and a short float of 8% with 3.54 days to cover. Shares are down 22.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hecla Mining as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 41.05%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 75.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 86.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$14.40 million to -$26.78 million.
- HECLA MINING CO has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HECLA MINING CO turned its bottom line around by earning $0.05 versus -$0.08 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 190.0% in earnings (-$0.05 versus $0.05).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HECLA MINING CO underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- 35.29% is the gross profit margin for HECLA MINING CO which we consider to be strong. Regardless of HL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HL's net profit margin of -25.70% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Hecla Mining Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.