- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.18 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, ATNY maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.84, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for API TECHNOLOGIES CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.86%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -8.20% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market, API TECHNOLOGIES CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ATNY, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 85800.00% to $2.58 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, API TECHNOLOGIES CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 23.51%.
The Electronics industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1% versus the S&P 500, which was down 1.0%. Laggards within the Electronics industry included Digital Power ( DPW), down 3.5%, Dynasil Corp of America ( DYSL), down 2.1%, Eltek ( ELTK), down 4.0%, Bel Fuse ( BELFA), down 7.9% and API Technologies ( ATNY), down 2.1%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: API Technologies ( ATNY) is one of the companies that pushed the Electronics industry lower today. API Technologies was down $0.05 (2.1%) to $2.35 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 34,379 shares of API Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.28-$2.39 after having opened the day at $2.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.40. API Technologies Corp., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, and manufactures systems, subsystems, modules, and components for radio frequency (RF) microwave, millimeterwave, electromagnetic, power, and security applications. API Technologies has a market cap of $125.8 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are up 12.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates API Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreet Ratings rates API Technologies as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on ATNY go as follows: