- TSO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $238.6 million.
- TSO has traded 59,538 shares today.
- TSO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSO: Tesoro Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in petroleum refining and marketing activities in the United States. It operates in three segments: Refining, Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), and Retail. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. TSO has a PE ratio of 14. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Tesoro a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tesoro has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tesoro has a market cap of $12.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.26 and a short float of 6.9% with 3.76 days to cover. Shares are up 36.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tesoro as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 171.76% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 63.68% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TSO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TESORO CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TESORO CORP increased its bottom line by earning $6.69 versus $2.83 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.95 versus $6.69).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 159.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $224.00 million to $582.00 million.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 34.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 24.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for TESORO CORP is rather low; currently it is at 15.26%. Regardless of TSO's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TSO's net profit margin of 7.06% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Tesoro Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.