- SYA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.0 million.
- SYA has traded 453,953 shares today.
- SYA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SYA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SYA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SYA: Symetra Financial Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides products and services that serve the retirement, employee-based benefits, and life insurance markets in the United States and the District of Columbia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. SYA has a PE ratio of 17. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Symetra Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Symetra Financial has been 369,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Symetra Financial has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 2.5% with 3.53 days to cover. Shares are up 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Symetra Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Although SYA's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.22 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.19 versus $1.75 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 20.1% in earnings ($1.75 versus $2.19).
- You can view the full Symetra Financial Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.