- AIRM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.6 million.
- AIRM has traded 76,477 shares today.
- AIRM is trading at 4.39 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- AIRM is trading at a new high 7.05% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AIRM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AIRM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AIRM: Air Methods Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides air medical emergency transport services and systems in the United States. The company operates in the Air Medical Services (AMS), Tourism, and United Rotorcraft (UR) segments. AIRM has a PE ratio of 15. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Air Methods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Air Methods has been 462,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Air Methods has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.83 and a short float of 34.5% with 12.70 days to cover. Shares are down 10.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Air Methods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- AIRM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- AIR METHODS CORP has improved earnings per share by 10.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AIR METHODS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.57 versus $1.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.97 versus $2.57).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 16.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $10.89 million to $12.63 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 127.83% to $34.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AIR METHODS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.09%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, AIR METHODS CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Air Methods Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.