- OGEN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.2 million.
- OGEN has traded 65,906 shares today.
- OGEN is trading at 8.92 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- OGEN is trading at a new high 7.48% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OGEN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OGEN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OGEN: Oragenics, Inc. develops, markets, and sells oral probiotics products and antibiotics for humans and companion pets. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Oragenics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Oragenics has been 310,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Oragenics has a market cap of $117.9 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of -0.01 and a short float of 1.7% with 0.20 days to cover. Shares are up 260.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Oragenics as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ORAGENICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ORAGENICS INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.69%. Regardless of OGEN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OGEN's net profit margin of -355.21% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$1.29 million or 18.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ORAGENICS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -81.18%.
- OGEN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 15.01, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 26.13% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in OGEN do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Oragenics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.