- BLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.5 million.
- BLL is down 4.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLL: Ball Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies metal packaging products to the beverage, food, personal care, and household products industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. BLL has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Ball a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ball has been 994,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ball has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.17 and a short float of 4.8% with 6.73 days to cover. Shares are down 1.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ball as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BALL CORP has improved earnings per share by 5.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BALL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.30 versus $2.73 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.55 versus $3.30).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $392.20 million or 13.28% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -10.80%.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Containers & Packaging industry average. The net income increased by 4.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $153.10 million to $160.40 million.
- BLL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Ball Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.