- ARG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $81.9 million.
- ARG is up 4.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ARG: Airgas, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, supplies industrial, medical, and specialty gases; and welding equipment and related products. It operates through two segments, Distribution and All Other Operations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. ARG has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Airgas a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Airgas has been 722,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Airgas has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.86 and a short float of 2.7% with 2.04 days to cover. Shares are down 10.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Airgas as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $223.74 million or 13.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.51%.
- AIRGAS INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AIRGAS INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.86 versus $4.68 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.95 versus $4.86).
- 49.37% is the gross profit margin for AIRGAS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ARG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.53% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Airgas Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.