- LINE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.3 million.
- LINE has traded 238,532 shares today.
- LINE is up 5.2% today.
- LINE was down 18.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LINE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LINE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LINE: Linn Energy, LLC, an independent oil and natural gas company, acquires and develops oil and natural gas properties in the Unites States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 26.3%. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Linn Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Linn Energy has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Linn Energy has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.15 and a short float of 6% with 1.43 days to cover. Shares are down 60.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Linn Energy as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 82.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$207.87 million to -$379.13 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.67 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.42, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, LINN ENERGY LLC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for LINN ENERGY LLC is rather low; currently it is at 18.08%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -117.80% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $298.78 million or 37.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow LINN ENERGY LLC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -48.80%.
- You can view the full Linn Energy Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.