- THC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $71.7 million.
- THC is up 2.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in THC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for THC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on THC: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, a healthcare services company, primarily operates acute care hospitals and related healthcare facilities in the United States. It operates through two segments, Hospital Operations and Other, and Conifer. THC has a PE ratio of 52. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Tenet Healthcare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tenet Healthcare has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tenet Healthcare has a market cap of $5.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 9.7% with 6.60 days to cover. Shares are up 11.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tenet Healthcare as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- THC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TENET HEALTHCARE CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, TENET HEALTHCARE CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.32 versus -$1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.38 versus $0.32).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$57.00 million or 200.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 14.70 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, THC maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.71, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full Tenet Healthcare Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.