- BLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $51.9 million.
- BLL has traded 934,277 shares today.
- BLL is trading at 2.03 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BLL crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLL: Ball Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, supplies metal packaging products to the beverage, food, personal care, and household products industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. BLL has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Ball a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ball has been 985,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ball has a market cap of $9.3 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.17 and a short float of 4.8% with 8.74 days to cover. Shares are up 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ball as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BALL CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BALL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.30 versus $2.73 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.55 versus $3.30).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to other companies in the Containers & Packaging industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BALL CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- BLL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The gross profit margin for BALL CORP is rather low; currently it is at 18.83%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.07% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Ball Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.