While plenty of high-yield opportunities exist, investors must always consider the safety of their dividend and the total return potential of their investment. It is not uncommon for a struggling company to suspend high-yielding dividends which could subsequently result in precipitous share price declines.
TheStreet Ratings' stock rating model views dividends favorably, but not so much that other factors are disregarded. Our model gauges the relationship between risk and reward in several ways, including: the pricing drawdown as compared to potential profit volatility, i.e. how much one is willing to risk in order to earn profits?; the level of acceptable volatility for highly performing stocks; the current valuation as compared to projected earnings growth; and the financial strength of the underlying company as compared to its stock's valuation as compared to its stock's performance.
These and many more derived observations are then combined, ranked, weighted, and scenario-tested to create a more complete analysis. The result is a systematic and disciplined method of selecting stocks. As always, stock ratings should not be treated as gospel — rather, use them as a starting point for your own research.
The following pages contain our analysis of 3 stocks with substantial yields, that ultimately, we have rated "Buy."One Liberty Properties Dividend Yield: 7.10% One Liberty Properties (NYSE: OLP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.10%. One Liberty Properties, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the acquisition, ownership, and management of commercial real estate properties in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.27. The average volume for One Liberty Properties has been 33,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. One Liberty Properties has a market cap of $359.4 million and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 6.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreet Ratings rates One Liberty Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 140.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.27 million to $7.86 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 49.22% is the gross profit margin for ONE LIBERTY PROPERTIES INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of OLP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, OLP's net profit margin of 50.76% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- After a year of stock price fluctuations, the net result is that OLP's price has not changed very much. Although its weak earnings growth may have played a role in this flat result, don't lose sight of the fact that the performance of the overall market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, was essentially similar. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full One Liberty Properties Ratings Report.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 104.02% to $0.56 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 41.40%.
- The gross profit margin for H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC is rather high; currently it is at 51.13%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 2.67% trails the industry average.
- HEES, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Trading Companies & Distributors industry and the overall market, H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC's earnings per share declined by 19.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, H&E EQUIPMENT SERVICES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.56 versus $1.26 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 7.0% in earnings ($1.45 versus $1.56).
- You can view the full H&E Equipment Services Ratings Report.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SPIL has a quick ratio of 1.53, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- SILICONWARE PRECISION INDS has improved earnings per share by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SILICONWARE PRECISION INDS increased its bottom line by earning $0.57 versus $0.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.68 versus $0.57).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 21.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $68.78 million to $83.69 million.
- You can view the full Siliconware Precision Industries Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.