TheStreet, Inc., (NASDAQ: TST) an award-winning financial media company recently named on Folio's list of Top Places to Work in Media, is looking for a social media coordinator to help deepen and expand our social media presence. We're searching for a smart, energetic, and collaborative individual to help us handle breaking news as well as features for our pages on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. You should have some background in business and investing topics, possess excellent judgment and people skills, and be easy to work with. In return, you'll receive exposure to all aspects of a fast-moving professional business news organization and as much responsibility as you can handle.
- Help manage all of TheStreet's social channels, with a focus on breaking news and time-sensitive coverage
- Help develop strategies and best practices that will drive key performance indicators for the company
- Help plan and execute social media coverage for major news and investing events
- Communicate and promote social media best practices to staff, and monitor their development
- Help create original content based on breaking news, social memes, and trends
- Monitor social analytics to identify trends and possible coverage areas
- Collaborate with other departments (Editorial, Tech, Marketing, Events, PR, Sales, etc) to optimize content creation and promotional opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Familiarity with business news and topics and basic principles of investing
- Impeccable knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively in a fast-paced news environment
- Keen desire to keep up with latest developments in the social media world
- Open and willing to working from home, on-the-go or from various events at odd hours to accommodate the rapidly changing news day.
Please send us a copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements indicating "SMC" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include five (5) recent business and/or investing stories from TheStreet or elsewhere that piqued your interest, and how you'd promote them on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.