- BBG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.8 million.
- BBG has traded 265,735 shares today.
- BBG is down 3.1% today.
- BBG was up 5.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BBG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BBG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BBG: Bill Barrett Corporation, an independent energy company, acquires, explores for, and develops oil and natural gas resources in the United States. BBG has a PE ratio of 18. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Bill Barrett Corporation a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bill Barrett Corporation has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Bill Barrett has a market cap of $302.2 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 43.2% with 6.29 days to cover. Shares are down 44% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bill Barrett Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BBG's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 72.19%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $53.83 million or 28.41% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow BILL BARRETT CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -53.49%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, BILL BARRETT CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BILL BARRETT CORP is rather high; currently it is at 64.79%. Regardless of BBG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BBG's net profit margin of -23.92% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- BILL BARRETT CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BILL BARRETT CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.30 versus -$4.06 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 250.0% in earnings (-$0.45 versus $0.30).
- You can view the full Bill Barrett Corporation Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.