- SPIL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.9 million.
- SPIL has traded 326,011 shares today.
- SPIL is trading at 4.55 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SPIL is trading at a new low 8.06% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPIL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPIL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SPIL: Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. provides semiconductor packaging and testing services to semiconductor suppliers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.3%. SPIL has a PE ratio of 19. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Siliconware Precision Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Siliconware Precision Industries has been 836,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Siliconware Precision has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 22.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Siliconware Precision Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 12.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SPIL has a quick ratio of 1.53, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- SILICONWARE PRECISION INDS has improved earnings per share by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SILICONWARE PRECISION INDS increased its bottom line by earning $0.57 versus $0.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.68 versus $0.57).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 21.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $68.78 million to $83.69 million.
- You can view the full Siliconware Precision Industries Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.