- RSG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $71.9 million.
- RSG has traded 31,814 shares today.
- RSG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RSG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RSG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RSG: Republic Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, recycling, and disposal services for commercial, industrial, municipal, and residential customers in the United States. It operates through three segments: East, Central, and West. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. RSG has a PE ratio of 24. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Republic Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Republic Services has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Republic Services has a market cap of $14.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.66 and a short float of 3.5% with 4.93 days to cover. Shares are up 3.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Republic Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RSG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.97, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 38.55% is the gross profit margin for REPUBLIC SERVICES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.23% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Republic Services Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.