- GD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $226.9 million.
- GD has traded 9,570 shares today.
- GD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GD: General Dynamics Corporation operates as aerospace and defense company worldwide. It operates through four business groups: Aerospace; Combat Systems; Information Systems and Technology; and Marine Systems. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. GD has a PE ratio of 17. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate General Dynamics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for General Dynamics has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. General Dynamics has a market cap of $46.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 0.55 and a short float of 1.4% with 2.48 days to cover. Shares are up 3.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates General Dynamics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GD's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- GENERAL DYNAMICS CORP has improved earnings per share by 25.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL DYNAMICS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $7.83 versus $7.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.65 versus $7.83).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 20.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $595.00 million to $716.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 75.89% to $737.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 30.90%.
- You can view the full General Dynamics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.