- ARIA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.5 million.
- ARIA has traded 239,215 shares today.
- ARIA is down 4.6% today.
- ARIA was up 7.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ARIA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ARIA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ARIA: ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., an oncology company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of medicines for cancer patients. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate ARIAD Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for ARIAD Pharmaceuticals has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ARIAD has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.60 and a short float of 26.9% with 18.41 days to cover. Shares are up 11.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ARIAD Pharmaceuticals as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 5.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$49.82 million to -$52.68 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.17 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 3.67, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.87 versus -$1.49 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 25.9% in earnings (-$1.10 versus -$0.87).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to -$50.19 million or 4.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 4.22%, ARIAD PHARMACEUTICALS INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 133.59%.
- You can view the full ARIAD Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.