- TECH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.8 million.
- TECH has traded 65,622 shares today.
- TECH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TECH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TECH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TECH: Bio-Techne Corporation develops, manufactures, and sells biotechnology products and clinical diagnostic controls worldwide. It operates in two segments, Biotechnology and Clinical Controls. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. TECH has a PE ratio of 37. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Bio-Techne a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Bio-Techne has been 178,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bio-Techne has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 5.7% with 7.62 days to cover. Shares are up 16% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bio-Techne as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- TECH's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.89, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for BIO-TECHNE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 71.74%. Regardless of TECH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TECH's net profit margin of 21.27% compares favorably to the industry average.
- BIO-TECHNE CORP's earnings per share declined by 23.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BIO-TECHNE CORP reported lower earnings of $2.99 versus $3.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.39 versus $2.99).
- You can view the full Bio-Techne Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.