- BCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $84.2 million.
- BCR has traded 17,014 shares today.
- BCR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BCR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BCR: C. R. Bard, Inc. designs, manufactures, packages, distributes, and sells medical, surgical, diagnostic, and patient care devices worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. BCR has a PE ratio of 48. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate CR Bard a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for CR Bard has been 413,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. CR Bard has a market cap of $13.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.87 and a short float of 2.3% with 3.76 days to cover. Shares are up 7.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CR Bard as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BCR's revenue growth trails the industry average of 25.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- BCR's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.93 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that BCR's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.62 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for BARD (C.R.) INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.45%. Regardless of BCR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BCR's net profit margin of 17.05% compares favorably to the industry average.
- BARD (C.R.) INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BARD (C.R.) INC reported lower earnings of $3.68 versus $8.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.01 versus $3.68).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full CR Bard Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.