- OC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $86.8 million.
- OC has traded 2.8 million shares today.
- OC is down 3% today.
- OC was up 5.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OC: Owens Corning, together with its subsidiaries, produces and sells glass fiber reinforcements and other materials for composite systems; and residential and commercial building materials worldwide. It operates in three segments: Composites, Insulation, and Roofing. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. OC has a PE ratio of 41. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Owens-Corning a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Owens-Corning has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Owens-Corning has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 3.4% with 2.03 days to cover. Shares are up 27.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Owens-Corning as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.63, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.01, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$149.00 million or 45.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 35.08%.
- OWENS CORNING has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, OWENS CORNING increased its bottom line by earning $1.91 versus $1.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.15 versus $1.91).
- OC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Owens-Corning Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.