- DTV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $426.1 million.
- DTV is up 2.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DTV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DTV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DTV: DIRECTV, a digital television entertainment company, engages in the direct-to-home (DTH) business in the United States and Latin America. It acquires, promotes, sells, and distributes digital entertainment programming primarily through satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. DTV has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Directv a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for Directv has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Directv has a market cap of $47.1 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.04 and a short float of 2.5% with 2.48 days to cover. Shares are up 7.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Directv as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- DIRECTV has improved earnings per share by 32.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, DIRECTV increased its bottom line by earning $5.42 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.91 versus $5.42).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,636.00 million or 2.89% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, DIRECTV's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 14.47%.
- 47.51% is the gross profit margin for DIRECTV which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DTV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.96% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Directv Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.