- FHN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.5 million.
- FHN has traded 81.3880999999999943383954814635217189788818359375 options contracts today.
- FHN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- FHN has a PE ratio of 42.
- FHN is mentioned 2.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- FHN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- FHN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- FHN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- FHN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- FHN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FHN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FHN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FHN: First Horizon National Corporation operates as the bank holding company for First Tennessee Bank National Association that provides various financial services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. FHN has a PE ratio of 42. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate First Horizon National a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for First Horizon National has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. First Horizon has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 6.5% with 6.83 days to cover. Shares are up 17.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates First Horizon National as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FHN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for FIRST HORIZON NATIONAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 92.94%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, FHN's net profit margin of 16.42% significantly trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, FHN's share price has jumped by 38.70%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, FIRST HORIZON NATIONAL CORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- FIRST HORIZON NATIONAL CORP's earnings per share declined by 31.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIRST HORIZON NATIONAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.90 versus $0.10 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 10.0% in earnings ($0.81 versus $0.90).
- You can view the full First Horizon National Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.