- INSY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.0 million.
- INSY has traded 90,120 shares today.
- INSY is trading at 2.09 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- INSY is trading at a new high 3.09% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INSY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INSY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on INSY: Insys Therapeutics, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes supportive care products. INSY has a PE ratio of 74. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Insys Therapeutics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Insys Therapeutics has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Insys has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of -1.54 and a short float of 68.1% with 21.96 days to cover. Shares are up 85.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Insys Therapeutics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INSY's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 21.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- INSY has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, INSY has a quick ratio of 2.31, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for INSYS THERAPEUTICS INC is currently very high, coming in at 92.65%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, INSY's net profit margin of 11.33% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 139.41% to $16.19 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, INSYS THERAPEUTICS INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 156.57%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, INSY's share price has jumped by 170.36%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Insys Therapeutics Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.