- CRIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.5 million.
- CRIS has traded 323,665 shares today.
- CRIS is trading at 10.09 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CRIS is trading at a new high 6.16% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CRIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CRIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CRIS: Curis, Inc., a biotechnology company, engages in the discovery and development of drug candidates for the treatment of human cancers. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Curis a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Curis has been 929,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Curis has a market cap of $414.5 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.94 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.41 days to cover. Shares are up 127.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Curis as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CURIS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CURIS INC reported poor results of -$0.21 versus -$0.15 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 123.8% in earnings (-$0.47 versus -$0.21).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 472.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$5.56 million to -$31.85 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CURIS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$7.76 million or 46.23% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for CURIS INC is currently very high, coming in at 97.41%. Regardless of CRIS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CRIS's net profit margin of -1920.86% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full Curis Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.