- TECH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.0 million.
- TECH is making at least a new 3-day high.
- TECH has a PE ratio of 34.
- TECH is mentioned 0.42 times per day on StockTwits.
- TECH has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- TECH is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- TECH is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- TECH is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- TECH is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TECH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TECH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TECH: Bio-Techne Corporation develops, manufactures, and sells biotechnology products and clinical diagnostic controls worldwide. It operates in two segments, Biotechnology and Clinical Controls. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. TECH has a PE ratio of 34. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Bio-Techne a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Bio-Techne has been 173,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bio-Techne has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 5.6% with 8.82 days to cover. Shares are up 8.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bio-Techne as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- TECH's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.89, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for BIO-TECHNE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 71.74%. Regardless of TECH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TECH's net profit margin of 21.27% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Bio-Techne Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.