- R has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $65.3 million.
- R has traded 200,954 shares today.
- R is trading at 1.51 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- R crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in R with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for R NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on R: Ryder System, Inc. provides commercial fleet management and supply chain solutions to small businesses and large enterprises worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. R has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Ryder System a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Ryder System has been 610,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ryder System has a market cap of $4.7 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.57 and a short float of 5.2% with 4.07 days to cover. Shares are down 3.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ryder System as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Road & Rail industry average. The net income increased by 9.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $48.23 million to $52.92 million.
- 35.54% is the gross profit margin for RYDER SYSTEM INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, R's net profit margin of 3.37% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $277.33 million or 17.24% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, RYDER SYSTEM INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 23.44%.
- RYDER SYSTEM INC has improved earnings per share by 8.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RYDER SYSTEM INC reported lower earnings of $4.14 versus $4.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.50 versus $4.14).
- R, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Ryder System Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.