- TPX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.8 million.
- TPX is making at least a new 3-day high.
- TPX has a PE ratio of 4.
- TPX is mentioned 1.13 times per day on StockTwits.
- TPX has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- TPX is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- TPX is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- TPX is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- TPX is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TPX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TPX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TPX: Tempur Sealy International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes bedding products worldwide. It operates through two segments, North America and International. TPX has a PE ratio of 4. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Tempur Sealy International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tempur Sealy International has been 745,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tempur Sealy International has a market cap of $4.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.35 and a short float of 5.9% with 4.37 days to cover. Shares are up 22.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tempur Sealy International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- TEMPUR SEALY INTL INC's earnings per share declined by 13.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TEMPUR SEALY INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.75 versus $1.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.03 versus $1.75).
- 40.09% is the gross profit margin for TEMPUR SEALY INTL INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of TPX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TPX's net profit margin of 3.16% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market, TEMPUR SEALY INTL INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Tempur Sealy International Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.