- RPTP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.3 million.
- RPTP has traded 949,399 shares today.
- RPTP is trading at 2.21 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- RPTP is trading at a new high 8.07% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RPTP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RPTP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RPTP: Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing and commercializing life-altering therapeutics that treat debilitating and often fatal diseases. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Raptor Pharmaceutical a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Raptor Pharmaceutical has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Raptor has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of -0.27 and a short float of 20.4% with 10.88 days to cover. Shares are up 31.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Raptor Pharmaceutical as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average. The net income has significantly decreased by 32.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$14.89 million to -$19.68 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.56 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 4.70, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, RAPTOR PHARMACEUTICAL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for RAPTOR PHARMACEUTICAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 83.57%. Regardless of RPTP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RPTP's net profit margin of -96.23% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$14.74 million or 15.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 15.10%, RAPTOR PHARMACEUTICAL CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 156.42%.
- You can view the full Raptor Pharmaceutical Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.