- JOE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.1 million.
- JOE has traded 192,547 shares today.
- JOE is trading at 3.95 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- JOE is trading at a new high 5.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JOE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JOE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JOE: The St. Joe Company, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a real estate development company in Florida. The company operates in four segments: Residential Real Estate; Commercial Real Estate; Resorts, Leisure and Leasing Operations; and Forestry. JOE has a PE ratio of 1516. Currently there are no analysts that rate St. Joe a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for St. Joe has been 556,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. St. Joe has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 25.1% with 12.16 days to cover. Shares are down 16.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates St. Joe as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JOE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.25 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- JOE, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 17.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 97.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ST JOE CO has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ST JOE CO increased its bottom line by earning $4.41 versus $0.05 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 100.2% in earnings (-$0.01 versus $4.41).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Management & Development industry and the overall market, ST JOE CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1.07 million or 99.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full St. Joe Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.