- LEAF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.7 million.
- LEAF has traded 54,414 shares today.
- LEAF is trading at 3.08 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- LEAF is trading at a new high 3.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LEAF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LEAF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LEAF: Springleaf Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, offers consumer finance and credit insurance products and services. It provides personal loans secured by consumer household goods, and other personal property; and unsecured loans. LEAF has a PE ratio of 12. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Springleaf Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Springleaf Holdings has been 928,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Springleaf has a market cap of $6.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 23.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Springleaf Holdings as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, generally high debt management risk, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Consumer Finance industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 100.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $52.32 million to $0.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 4.76 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $189.00 million or 30.52% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 30.52%, SPRINGLEAF HOLDINGS INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -37.82%.
- SPRINGLEAF HOLDINGS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SPRINGLEAF HOLDINGS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $4.37 versus -$0.18 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 51.5% in earnings ($2.12 versus $4.37).
- LEAF, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 24.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Springleaf Holdings Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.