- XOMA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.9 million.
- XOMA has traded 132,340 shares today.
- XOMA is up 3.3% today.
- XOMA was down 6.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XOMA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XOMA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XOMA: XOMA Corporation discovers and develops antibody-based therapeutics in the United States, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate XOMA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for XOMA has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. XOMA has a market cap of $479.5 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.88 and a short float of 28.4% with 6.01 days to cover. Shares are up 9.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates XOMA as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 363.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4.69 million to -$21.72 million.
- XOMA has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 12.85% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- XOMA CORP has improved earnings per share by 9.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, XOMA CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.67 versus -$1.40 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 0.7% in earnings (-$0.68 versus -$0.67).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 22.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 22.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$24.28 million or 13.90% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 13.90%, XOMA CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 157.15%.
- You can view the full XOMA Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.