- TSL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.0 million.
- TSL has traded 94,748 shares today.
- TSL is up 3.5% today.
- TSL was down 6.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSL: Trina Solar Limited operates as an integrated solar-power products manufacturer and solar system developer in the People's Republic of China, Europe, the United States, and other Asia Pacific regions. TSL has a PE ratio of 47. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Trina Solar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Trina Solar has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Trina Solar has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 23.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Trina Solar as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- TRINA SOLAR LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRINA SOLAR LTD turned its bottom line around by earning $0.78 versus -$1.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.97 versus $0.78).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 47.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $26.51 million to $13.91 million.
- The gross profit margin for TRINA SOLAR LTD is rather low; currently it is at 17.98%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.49% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Trina Solar Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.