- ZIOP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.5 million.
- ZIOP is up 8.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ZIOP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ZIOP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ZIOP: ZIOPHARM Oncology, Inc., a biotechnology company, employs gene expression, control, and cell technologies to deliver cell-based therapies for the treatment of cancer. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate ZIOPHARM Oncology a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for ZIOPHARM Oncology has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ZIOPHARM Oncology has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.71 and a short float of 27.9% with 6.59 days to cover. Shares are up 111.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ZIOPHARM Oncology as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 705.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$9.71 million to -$78.23 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$9.72 million or 12.28% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.32 versus -$0.66 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 117.2% in earnings (-$0.70 versus -$0.32).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, ZIOPHARM ONCOLOGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ZIOP has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 12.37, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full ZIOPHARM Oncology Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.