- FBP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.6 million.
- FBP has traded 219,057 shares today.
- FBP is trading at 4.56 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- FBP is trading at a new low 8.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FBP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FBP NOW at Trade-Ideas
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 50.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $17.08 million to $25.65 million.
- The gross profit margin for FIRST BANCORP P R is rather high; currently it is at 65.18%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, FBP's net profit margin of 14.93% significantly trails the industry average.
- FBP, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.1%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- FIRST BANCORP P R reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIRST BANCORP P R turned its bottom line around by earning $1.86 versus -$0.80 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 81.7% in earnings ($0.34 versus $1.86).
- You can view the full First BanCorp Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.