- APH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $45.6 million.
- APH has traded 391,039 shares today.
- APH traded in a range 200% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.50.
- APH traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 4 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 4 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APH NOW at Trade-Ideas
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- APH's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- AMPHENOL CORP has improved earnings per share by 16.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMPHENOL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.22 versus $1.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.45 versus $2.22).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, AMPHENOL CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 35.02% is the gross profit margin for AMPHENOL CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.54% is above that of the industry average.
- APH's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.94 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 2.64 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Amphenol Ratings Report.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.