- ATW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $68.5 million
- ATW has traded 2.7 million shares today
- ATW is trading at 2.02 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day
- ATW is trading at a new high 3.033747484263699778495038117398507893085479736328125 above yesterday's close
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATW NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 28.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.59, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ATW has a quick ratio of 1.93, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- ATWOOD OCEANICS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ATWOOD OCEANICS reported lower earnings of $5.24 versus $5.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.25 versus $5.24).
- ATW's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 46.11%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, ATWOOD OCEANICS's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Atwood Oceanics Ratings Report
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.